Saturday, November 15, 2014

Nailbiter Volume 1: There Will Be Blood by Joshua Williams, Mike Henderson, and Adam Guzowski

Final Rating: 4/5 Stars

Pages: 132
Edition: Adobe Digital
Time Read: 11.15.14 - 11.15.14

Summary:
"'Where do serial killers come from?' and why has Buckaroo, Oregon given birth to sixteen of the most vile serial killers in the world? NSA Agent Nicholas Finch needs to solve that mystery in order to save his friend, and he'll have to team up with the infamous Edward "Nailbiter" Warren to do it."

Review:
I did not expect this to be the way it was.

Let me clarify: I thought this book would be about Nailbiter, a serial killer within the story. Instead, it revolves around the town of Buckaroo, Oregon and has plot that bases itself around serial killers in general.

Each of the serial killers mentioned in the graphic novels were incredibly unique and I would have liked to see a lot more involving them and their stories; however, it's very possible that with more volumes that will occur.

I expected to see a very predictable story when I started reading, and it seemed like as soon as we thought we knew who the criminal was, we'd be completely wrong.  I found myself shocked with every turn of events, and I was looking forward to seeing what would happen next.

The art style is incredibly gritty and dark, which fits very well with the story.  I was a little apprehensive about the content which, in the first few pages of the book, was extremely gruesome.  It does not stay so graphic but is still very atmospheric. 

I found it rather difficult to understand what was going on in this novel, as events happened so quickly it seemed like as soon as we're introduced to something it changed completely.  At one point I paused just to take in the sheer ammount of stuff that was happening. 

Overall, if you're into fast paced novels and can handle violence and death I would recommend this as a graphic novel for you to read!

This was given to me as a free book by the author for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment