Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Confessions of a Queen B* by Crista McHugh

Rating: 3.5/5 Stars
Pages: 180
Edition: Kindle
Time Read: 07.14.15 - 07.26.15


Hmm, what to say, what to say.

I really enjoyed some parts of this book, but then others really just made me want to throw my phone down and yell a little.

Alexis has a reputation for being a bitch, and she isn't afraid to use her powers to get what she wants when she wants it.  She has dirt on everyone except for golden boy, star quarterback, Brett.  Conveniently, when she is required to do a group project, she's stuck with him.

Within the first 10% of the book she is totally melting over him.  Because he smells good.  Alright, I can concede that an attractive man who smells good can be distracting, but frankly fighting off your hormones over him doesn't happen.  If she had fallen for him in a more realistic way I'd be a little less harsh about it.

People like Brett don't exist. Star Quarterback, smart, nice to everyone, forgiving, and into the biggest bitch of the school? That sounds like a dream I had in high school once.

The main conflict is those two getting together.  The side conflict I found to be a lot more interesting and I kind of wish more was done about it.  At the end, when the person placing cameras was revealed, I really wanted to have my suspicions confirmed as to why he needed to be tiptoed around.

Now, I'm not shy about sex. I'll talk about it no problem. This book though. It's another level of sexual innuendo and flirting and whatever else makes people a little uncomfortable.  It mentions sex so much that I honestly think it should be put into the new adult category instead of young adult. And the one scene that does happen, holy cow. It's graphic. It's very graphic.

Overall, it was a fun book to read. I really did enjoy it, especially as it got later in the book.  Because of the graphic content I cannot recommend it to anyone under 16 even though I should probably go with 18 to be on the safe side.  If you're looking for a cute book to take you back to the troubles of high school with your dream boat man chasing after you, you should definitely check this one out.

No comments:

Post a Comment