Thursday, July 2, 2015

The Corridor by A.N. Willis



 Rating: 4/5 Stars
Pages: 208
Edition: Kindle
Time Read: 06.22.15 - 07.02.15

Everything about this book was incredibly fascinating for me. The idea of the portals, of the many different worlds out there to discover, it was all something that kept me drawn into the story.

Estelle is a fascinating girl. She feels like a real person with some very special powers and reacts in the same way most people would. She freaks out, tries to hide it, and then becomes curious enough to start experimenting with it. When it turns out to be something incredibly important, she tries to solve every problem on her own and then realizes that that's not how it's supposed to work. She picks a few people to trust and goes on an incredible journey to save her world from the same thing that happened to Second Earth.

The villain in this story was constantly changing and throwing you for a loop. There was a lot of different plot twists that really kept you guessing what was going on.

The plot is something that really drew me into the book and kept me drawn in. I finished the story and couldn't really remember what was going on in the outside world; I found myself fully engulfed into The Corridor.

The only reason for 4 stars instead of 5 was the romance. God dammit, if the romance wasn't in this story it would be so much better. I don't know what Estelle saw in him because he was a jackass the entire time and suddenly he was this super nice guy who has emotions other than jerk and then Estelle falls in love or something? If you're confused by that sentence then we're in the same boat. I don't know how it happened or where but it did.

Other than that I loved this story so much. I will definitely be looking for the second one when it's out! (That cliffhanger was EVIL!)

No comments:

Post a Comment