Thursday, June 25, 2015

Gotham Academy, Volume 1: Welcome to Gotham Academy

Rating: 4/5 Stars
Pages: 146
Edition: Adobe Digital
Time Read: 06.25.15 - 06.25.15

I'm not the most knowledgeable about the Batman universe. Read that as I've seen like two movies about it and they were the Dark Knight movies. However, I still thought this book would be a great one to jump into, as it was it's own story in the universe.

I wish I knew more about Batman because I would probably have given this a 5, but for being a beginner, I really enjoyed this graphic novel.

The artwork is spectacular and remains very consistent throughout the volume. I was also super interested in the story the whole time. There are a few twists and turns here and there that threw me off and kept me fascinated the whole time with what was going on.

The only problem with this novel was the fact that there wasn't much backstory given and everything happened so quickly. The backstory problem is likely my own fault, because as I've stated I don't know much about the lore of Batman.

Overall it really is a great read. I highly recommend this to anyone who likes Batman or superhero graphic novels in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment