Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Borrow-A-Bridesmaid by Anne Wagener

 
Final Rating: 3.5/5 Stars

Pages: 292
Edition: Kindle
Time Read: 06.05.15 - 06.08.15

Borrow-a-Bridesmaid starts out so strong that I was convinced it was a 5 star book. Then it got really slow and it wasn't as funny and I found myself getting kind of bored. The final wedding is when the story picked back up.

The concept for the book is pretty unique; Piper Brody, in need of some extra cash, rents herself out as a bridesmaid. She meets some very interesting people, including the love interest, Charlie, and her close friend, Alex, during various weddings. She works at a dead-end job in the meantime.

There is a slew of interesting characters throughout the story. Some of them you love, and some you love to hate. They all remain pretty memorable, however. The best part of this story is the characters by far.

Piper as a character was fascinating and I love the growth and revelations she has about herself. They weren't obnoxious and unrealistic, they actually were valid realizations that I could see when she did. She starts as a meek young woman who does what she's told while trying to avoid any conflict. By the end she's standing up for herself and doing things you and I probably wouldn't dream of.

There are a few different twists thrown into the book here and there. While there are some that really blew my mind, the final plot twist, or "secret", was very predictable to me. I wasn't shocked in the slightest, I was mostly just waiting for everyone else to find out.

There's really not much else to say about the book. It was good. It was cute. It was fun. It's something I would totally suggest if you were going to the beach and wanted something to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment