Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy #6) by Richelle Mead

Final Rating: 4.5/5 Stars
Pages: 588 pages
Edition: Paperback
Time Read: 04.17.15

It physically hurts me to not give the epic finale to one of my favorite series a 5 star rating, but I really didn't feel like it had the sort of punch I was expecting. I didn't have much emotion throughout the story. Whether this is because I knew what was going to happen or was distracted, I don't know. I just know there wasn't major satisfaction at the end of the story.

I think my issue is the amount of jumping around between characters throughout the story. It's almost disorienting trying to keep up with what's going on where. The beginning was great, but once it started switching perspectives I got tired of it.

The ending feels entirely too fairytale like for the series for me to enjoy. Everything just falls into place and it honestly just irritated me.

No comments:

Post a Comment