Monday, June 15, 2015

Pretty Little Werewolf by Katie Salidas

Final Rating: 3.5/5 Stars
Pages: 188
Edition: Kindle
Time Read: 06.09.15

I wish I could have rated this book higher than I did, because it really wasn't a bad one.

First of all, this cover is absolutely gorgeous.  I love the girl on the front, I love the lighting, I love the font. It's all beautiful.

There were a few errors in formatting and some odd sentences here and there which detracted from being involved in the story, and it kind of pulled me out.  I'm not sure if they were changed with the publishing of the book, but the copy I got had quite a few paragraphs where multiple characters were talking and it made it difficult to tell who was saying what.

I really like the world this is set in.  I like that there are witches and werewolves, and even though vampires exist I'm glad they weren't a central part.  Werewolves deserve love, too!

The plot is interesting, but it feels a little predictable.  There is some mystery, but it wasn't really anything that kept me on the edge of my seat. 

I have a love/hate relationship with the main character, Giselle.  As an individual I love that she stuck to her guns so to speak.  She was determined to solve what happened, and she kept going until the bitter end, no matter what was thrown in her way.  However, the love triangle in here was painful to read. The romance was painful. Her drooling over both guys made me want to stab myself and stop reading.  Giselle has proven herself to be a very strong, independent girl... unless there's an attractive man involved. I understand attraction, I can understand being nervous around an attractive guy, I've done it. But damn girl, be confident! She let Asher walk all over her and only stood up for herself towards the end.

A lot of the other characters were frustrating.  The only two I really liked the whole book was Taylor and Gavin; I wish there were more of both of them. 

Overall, this is a slightly above average young adult read. I would recommend it for anyone looking for a quick, easy, YA read.

No comments:

Post a Comment